More harvest updates...

We've been getting more squashes, cucumbers (more on those later), tomatoes and the occasional okra every few days.... Oh, and lots of black beans (and the occasional navy bean).

Here's our first batch of tomatoes, some okra, and even a few tiny carrots.

This the second batch of tomatoes that we brought in.

We're not doing as well tomato-wise as we had hoped due mostly to hornworms. Last year we had a lot of problems with blossom end rot, but this year we got smart and put down some of our hens' crushed oyster shell around the tomato plants. Those are ok...but those that we didn't do that for (including a couple of quite prolific volunteers form last year) are still having issues.


Related Posts with Thumbnails