I've been kinda lax about posting lately. S. stepped on a nail and was down for the count all last week. So what have we been up to? Nothing too exciting. Garden has wound down, and we mowed and tilled most of it in preparation for solarizing or maybe even wheat gluten for the stiltgrass issue--which we probably need to try to do some more research on.

This weekend we started working on re-doing the downstairs bathroom. (If you're interested, pics below)

When we pulled the old fixture out of the wall, we found that there was a rip in the drywall where the wires came through...and the lighting fixture we bought had to mount to the electrical box in the wall (which there wasn't one of). So S. put one in (you can see the original tear to the bottom right. We tried a square box first, but the fixture base was too small and it showed....sooo we used a round "ceiling" box).


Then we put the light fixture up:


And S. couldn't resist. We wanted to see what the paint looked like, so he started on one wall (the room is far too small for both of us to paint it at once.) The color in this picture is, unfortunately, not quite representative of the actual color. (But it's called 'spring walk' if that helps....)

1 comments:

    This is one area where I have no skill at all - anything involving home remodeling is not something I should be near! The names of paints make me laugh. Your spring-walk green looks very nice :-)

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails